Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Life has Changed






       Two weeks before I was due, I was driving to the grocery store and it dawned on me…. I will never be able to come and go as I please again.  My heart started pounding and my palms got sweaty.  Two weeks passed and I was still pregnant with no signs of contractions at all.  My belly just kept growing and growing….. 
The Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Cream supply was dwindling.


         On July 29th, 2010 (two weeks AFTER my due date), my hubby and I welcomed the most precious being into this world.
 I knew right then that my life was forever changed. 


      Now, my heart still pounds and my palms stay sweaty, but for a different reason.
I don’t want to miss a second.
I don’t want to cause her any pain.
I want her to be the happiest and healthiest person possible.


(I'll save the labor story for another blog).

This was written with Mama Kat's writing prompt -
#1 ~ The moment I realized I was a grown up.


17 comments:

  1. SO PRECIOUS :) love the pics, I took only one pictures pregnant with both boys, sad but true!

    newest follower from the hop! hope you'll visit my blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! How incredible beautiful. Obviously a very proud mummy.

    Have a great day.
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw; mine will be 1 on May 19th, so they're not too far apart. It's it crazy that being pregnant seems both, so long ago; yet, so recently!? Visiting from Welcome Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same way!
    Love your daughter's checks, so cute!
    I'm visiting from Welcome Wednesday,
    Hope you can stop by and see me at http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious is that baby! I have 3 of my own and they are my everything. Found you on Wed Wanderings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I had that moment when my first was born - I was actually under a full anesthetic so I don't even remember (another story!)
    For me the moment came when I took her home. To have that little baby be all mine was overwhelming!
    Beautful post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was beautifully written and delivered. My sentiments exactly; everything from *knowing* your life is going to change, to loving another human so much that if you could, you would physically take any pain and suffering that might befall them.

    and thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
    gin

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful story and baby!

    Now following you from the blog hop. Would love if you would stop by my blog and follow me back.
    http://fuegitabonita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me feel so much better. One of my biggest fears is losing myself as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a cutiee!!!!! How lucky are you! Life changes in some amazing ways, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's so beautiful! My Klaw just turned one in March. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm impressed you got to 42 weeks with no stretch marks!
    Motherhood is quite a journey. I still feel the same way with #4 on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2 weeks overdue? That is crazy.

    Becoming a mom does make us grow up and feel like an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh look at that sweetie! Now it is time for another one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from Mama Kat's!

    Loved this! I love how you described your realization! I had that moment with my first son too and had a small panic attack with my second! I had no idea how I was going to be able to even leave the house with a 1-year-old and a newborn! But like you said, all of that doesn't matter because all you want is for your kids is health and happiness! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...