Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Disabled Daddy

I was about to get off of work yesterday and my phone rang…..
         “Ahhhhhh!  I need help; I think my leg is broken!  Ahhhhhh!” I heard my husband say on the other end.
         “Where are you?? Have you called 911??”
         “No, I was doing yard work and fell off of the cliff in the back.”
      I immediately called 911 from where I was (in a different city) and here was the conversation:

         “911 what’s your emergency?”
                  “My husband is at home and thinks he broke his leg.  He needs an ambulance ASAP!” I cried.
         “Where is “home”?”” the operator said.
      I began to tell her our address and was interrupted.
         “Ma’am, this is Hapeville 911, you’re going to have to call Newnan 911.  I can’t transfer you, but I can give you the number.”

             Uhmmmmm, I thought 911 WAS the number!!!!!! 

       My poor hubby has a fractured tibia and all he was was doing was trying to make the yard look nice for me :(




7 comments:

  1. Poor daddy. Hilarious conversation with 911.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he heals fast! :)
    I'm a little shocked about 911. From experience I know that all GA Centers can transfer calls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's terrible! I hope he feels better soon! That's got to be so painful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! How horrible. For both you and him. I don't know if my marriage could survive a broken leg by either of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh. I hope hes gonna be OK! I think it's so cute that he called you first. Can't beliebe 911 couldn't trnsfer you. What if you were being held at gun point????
    That is so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor guy! 911 is awesome! It's like going to the EMERGENCY room and waiting for an hour! Seriously? It's ridiculous! Thanks for stopping by at comment hour!

    Ginger
    Literally Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you hubby feels better. This is the reason why working or cleaning is hazardous to your health and why I refuse to do it... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...