Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Addiction

       Amelia was a pretty cranky baby for the first 7 months of her life.  The doctor said it was "colic".  We tried everything under the sun. 
 Mylicon DropsColic Calm,  Gripe Water Colic Care Gripe Water Blend, and the list goes on....  All of these products seemed to work for short periods, but this girl's got some lungs on her!  Even the doctors would say "We know her lungs are clear".  


       There was one thing that we forced onto her that quieted her down a bit (and gave  Mommy and Daddy's ears a break).  The BINKY!  We called it "plugging the scream hole".  
     At the time, we didn't care who thought it was "wrong".  Some people are totally against Paci's, but it was way better than her constant screaming.  She loved the Binky and soon began to call it her "NahNah".   I'm assuming it's because we always said "Night Night" when she went to bed.

            She is now 17 months old, and CANNOT go to sleep without her Binky.  I tried laying her down without it, and you would have thought the world was coming to an end.  We don't let her have it unless she is going to sleep, but I have to keep 3 of them in her crib in case she drops one!  How will we ever free her from this addiction???

Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop

7 comments:

  1. My son loved his Bink too. For a while, he only had it at nap and night time. Now, he only needs it for nap time for some reason. We tried to break him of his addiction, but after over a week of no sleep we decided to try later. It's only nap time anyway ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog...following you back!

    http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's a lil darling! love the pics..
    thanks for dropping by, I'm following on GFC too :)

    keep in touch!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka
    Join in: Wordless Wednesday Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww she's so cute sleeping there with her Binky. I never used one because I practically used breast feeding on demand as a dummy. Whatever keep them quiete! :-)
    http://beingmama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but she is so cute with the binky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every baby is so different and they all come out knowing what they want. i originally didn't want to give my son a binky neither but I needed to get some sleep..... She is so cute and chunky. I love it!!!!

    Love
    http://www.Modernothersclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter was a binky addict too. She was maybe about 2 1/2 and one day at Target she threw an AMAZING tantrum when we went down the binky aisle. She saw them...we didn't have the bink....and it was a total nuclear meltdown. So, when I got home I had a sort of meltdown myself, gathered up all her binks, and threw them all away infront of her. She cried. I put her down for a nap. After that, we just said they were all gone and she whimpered/cried about it for about 3 days. It may have been cruel hearted, but the "cold turkey" method worked for us! blog hoppin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...